Retail Accounting Services*
As an independent retail grocer, your Retail Accounting* Financials hold the key to optimizing the performance of your operation. Yet, you may lack the staff and technology needed to utilize your financials to their maximum potential. With over 40 years of industry experience and a proven track record, FMS can help you use today's business activities to drive tomorrow's business decisions—and give you peace of mind that your financials are consistently in good order. If you are interested in outsourcing your controllership functionality, our accounting staff is available to provide a range of services including:
- Payroll Services
- Accounts Payable Service
- General Ledger Maintenance
- Web Portal & Financial Drilldown Dashboard
The Suite of FMS’ Retail Accounting* Solutions also provide custom decision support reporting including:
- Weekly estimated Profit & Loss by departments, stores and total company
- Daily Cash Flow analysis with complete drill down capability via Treasury Management Dashboard
- Sales and labor reporting by departments and stores
- Transactional reporting
- Management established custom decision-support reporting
- Inventory and shrink control
- Industry Best Practices and Benchmarking
The benefits of an on-site accounting department—without the cost. With FMS' Retail Accounting* Services, one way to realize the benefits of Decision Support, you will have the financial information you need to:
- Meet budget requirements. Since the same applications are used for each of our clients, no matter what their size, independents receive all the benefits of the most comprehensive and sophisticated financial applications available in the retail grocery industry—at a price that won't break the budget.
- Improve business management. FMS maintains your financial records from transactions that are captured onto the FMS host computer, via the internet, from your PC. After reconciling accounts and running your reports, we provide real time access to your financial data via the internet, as well as delivery of your reports back to your in-store PC. Before we do, our team of accounting professionals reviews your reports and brings to your attention any problem areas or discrepancies.
- Minimize overhead and eliminate obsolescence. By using FMS' servers for your financial data, you will avoid the cost of having to purchase added server capacity to maintain your financials. You need only maintain your in-store PC, FMS will handle the rest of your financial hardware, software and support requirements. We can even help you automate data collection on your PC, further reducing overhead. In addition, FMS offers the flexibility to move between Business Process Outsourcing and Application Services as your business needs change without the costs of conversion.
With FMS' Retail Accounting* Solutions, your accounting information is much more than an historical record of financial data—it is your primary resource for making more informed business decisions.
*The Tennessee State Board of Accountancy has strict definitions set forth in its “Rules Of Professional Conduct” concerning accounting procedures, including language that defines the “Review of a financial statement”. FMS does not meet the requirements as set forth by the Board of Accountancy to perform a “Review of a financial statement” or any other accounting procedure defined in the Rules of Professional Conduct. FMS provides bookkeeping and payroll services for its customers.
We have not audited, reviewed or compiled, under professional standards prescribed for such services the accompanying financial statements and accordingly we do not express an opinion or any other form of assurance on them. We are not licensed by the State of Tennessee, as a certified public accountant, public accountant or accounting firm, to provide those types of services.