Job Description – Accountant
Job Type: Exempt
Reports to: Client Manager
About the Company:
Since 1974, FMS has provided accounting solutions to small chain grocery stores across the country. In response to the industry’s needs, we have developed a way for companies to use today’s business activities to drive tomorrow’s decisions. Our unique team with proven expertise transforms historic accounting activities into timely, accurate decision support tools. Information from these businesses is used to manage billbacks, receiving, merchandising, point-of-sale, human resources, payroll, treasury management, etc., all in one place that can be accessed daily.
We are an accounting firm that is experiencing growth on the National scale. To accommodate this growth we are looking to add accountants to our team. The ideal candidate will have work experience in which you were responsible for completing all accounting functions, including completing the full cycle monthly close process, as well as hands on experience and knowledge of debit and credits.
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements for multiple clients accurately and timely.
- Maintain work papers that provide detailed support of all balance sheet account balances.
- Have a thorough understanding of debits and credits so that you can prepare accurate journal entries for amortizations, accruals, etc.
- Ability to prepare complex bank account reconciliations.
- Sales and use tax filings in multiple states.
- Gain a basic, working understanding of payroll processing so you can assist clients with setting up new employees and their associated deductions.
- Software literate so you can quickly learn how to navigate our proprietary accounting software applications.
- Provide customer support to your clients.
- Provide your clients with weekly reports that give a snapshot of margins and labor costs.
- Write custom payroll and financial reports using our database query program.
- Review work of other accountants on your team for financial veracity.
To be considered for this position, you must possess the following abilities and experience:
- Ability to confidently and accurately communicate with our clients
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP
- At least 4 years recent experience being solely responsible for all aspects of a monthly close process including the preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Have a strong work ethic and the willingness to put forth a 100% effort to be successful in this position
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Oracle experience a +
- BS/BA in accounting
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate: Y
- Please provide your most reliable contact methods:
- Financial statement preparation: 3 years (Preferred)